Our drones for spraying and spreading in agriculture offer several advantages, including increased efficiency, precision, and reduced environmental impact. Here’s how drone-based spraying and spreading can be beneficial:
- Precision Application: Drones equipped with spraying systems can precisely target specific areas that require treatment, such as areas with pests, diseases, or nutrient deficiencies. This minimizes wastage and reduces the amount of chemicals used, promoting sustainable farming practices.
- Reduced Human Exposure: Drone spraying eliminates the need for farmers to be in direct contact with potentially harmful chemicals, thereby reducing health risks associated with traditional manual spraying.
- Time and Labor Savings: Drones can cover large areas quickly, reducing the time and labor required for spraying and spreading tasks. This is especially beneficial for large farms or areas that are difficult to access by traditional machinery.
- Access to Challenging Terrain: Drones can navigate difficult terrain more easily than traditional machinery, allowing for the treatment of hard-to-reach or steep areas that might otherwise be missed.
- Data Integration: Drones can be equipped with sensors and cameras to collect data during spraying and spreading operations. This data can be integrated with other agricultural data to make informed decisions about future treatments and overall farm management.
- Real-time Monitoring: Some advanced drone systems allow for real-time monitoring and adjustments during spraying or spreading operations. This enables operators to adapt to changing conditions and ensure optimal coverage.
- Environmental Benefits: Targeted application of chemicals reduces the risk of over-application and chemical runoff, which can harm the environment and nearby water bodies.
- Cost Efficiency: While the initial investment in drone technology might be significant, the long-term cost savings can be substantial due to reduced chemical usage, labor costs, and potential increases in crop yields.
- Regulatory Compliance: Drones can help farmers comply with regulations and guidelines related to chemical application, as they can provide accurate records of the spraying process.
- Customization: Drones can be programmed to follow specific flight paths, adjusting their spraying patterns based on the characteristics of the land and crops. This customization enhances the effectiveness of treatments.
We offer drone based spreading of seeds and fertilisers and are able to offer a full service that includes mapping the area, generating a prescription map and applying the fertiliser as it is required on a variable rate basis.
We also offer spraying of all non regulated substances across all types of land or crop, once there are pesticides available to be sprayed using aerial technologies we will also offer this service.